Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Media junky


I don't watch every new movie that comes out and I rarely go to the theater, so I get them as they trickle down to our local library, but I almost always have one playing while I'm at home working on projects and such. I savor my cinema. Last night I finally watched The King's Speech, it was fantastic. Though I geeked out a little when I noticed that the original Mr. Darcy, Ms. Bennett, and Mr. Collins were on screen-- it was like a mini Pride & Prejudice reunion. The acting was spot on, the cinematography was uniquely gorgeous--the backgrounds were almost as interesting as the actors, and the portrayal of London in the 1930s was delicious. I would recommend this movie to anyone who has ever felt embarrassed by their shortcomings.

1 comment:

  1. I really loved that movie...very touching. And how can you not love the orignal Mr. Darcy? He is fantastic in everything he does.

    ReplyDelete