Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Room to think and grow


I've been delving into painting more recently, this is one that is currently in the works. I'm inspired by the fluid lines of art nouveau design as well as the subtlety of realism and surrealism. My subject matter runs the gamut, but I find figures and landscapes most fascinating. While at my day job, sometimes it's all I can do to keep myself focused on my work when images like these are fluttering through my waking brain, tapping on my forehead just begging to be set free. Turning off the TV these past few weeks has forced me to fill my need for visual stimuli in other manners. This Painting is only 10''x10'', I think I'm finally ready to go bigger and experiment with plein air techniques.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're on to something. Humans used to be wildly creative, especially in the winter months (saxon/irish carvings, anyone?). About time for another renaissance, I think.:)

    ReplyDelete