Sunday, November 25, 2012

Dang it, another estate sale




I know, it's a sickness sometimes. In celebration of my birthday my mom, aunt and cousin met up at an estate sale. Needless to say I bought more than I should have but it was very useful stuff. My loot included an entire box of vintage pyrex for $6 (most of which I will be keeping because I actually cook with it), a vintage globe, a bar mixing set, another bag of weathered baseballs!, and a cocktail book. My cousin and I broke out in a fit of giggles as we postulated the fact that one day someone will be rummaging through all of our treasures/junk and taking it home with them. We then proceeded next door only to find more treasures, particularly in The Junk Room, it was dirty and full of miscellaneous debri which one was forced to dig through. My buy of the day had to be this little bag of random Star Wars ephemera, which included 3 original figures from the first movies. The child inside leapt with excitement. I GOT ADMIRAL ACKBAR!!! IT'S A TRAP! Yes Admiral, thrifting is a trap indeed.

2 comments:

  1. We sure had a good haul that day :) I love the Pyrex, I am a sucker for it, too. Paul would appreciate the Star Wars figurines. We need to hit up more of these kinds of sales!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admiral Akbar looks so happy and triumphant.
    Also, I have major Pyrex envy!!! Love that stuff. I grew up with ones with mushrooms on them.

    ReplyDelete