Friday, November 9, 2012

Yesterday was my birthday...

So I turned another year older, age truly is just a number, I will never be content with becoming an adult - parts of me simply refuse to give in. Some days I feel exactly like I did when I was eleven, other days I'm expected to take lead on projects or in family matters and my experience, knowledge, and sense of responsibility rise to the surface, tucking away that childlike sensibility back into its perpetual toy box. There are some childlike attributes that I'm beginning to notice a decline of in some of my peers, ones that I believe they will sorely miss once they are truly gone. Things like wonder and awe, belief and abandon. It irks me to know end when people are so jaded, unimpressed, and ever ready to contradict and counteract all that surrounds them. So on this birthday and all going forward, I'm going to choose to be whatever age I want this year :)

P.S. Here are a few things that I received on my 11th birthday:
- The Barbie Post Office Playset
- A Robin Hood Lego Set
- Wet 'N' Wild Nail Polish
- Fimo Craft Clay
- Shave 'N' Fun Ken

What was your most memorable birthday present?

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    For my 16th, I got a pair of boots that laced all the way up to my knees, just like my mom had when she turned 16.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have to be a tie between the unicycle I got on my eleventh birthday and my pet Ferret Neo I got for my...17th? birthday. I was really into the Matrix at the time. Obviously.

    ReplyDelete