Thursday, February 21, 2013

Gross but worth it...


Tada!! There really was a pearl inside, (no, it did not have "stupid american" written inside thank you very much co-worker Jeff). Getting to this lovely little gem was no picnic, I had to drain the 60 year old can of formaldehyde, then grab the rubber gloves and butter knife to fish it out. Let me just say, I do not know how people eat oysters, makes me shudder. But lo and behold, after much prodding and twisting this shiny little thing appeared. So here comes my existential metaphor for the week: life is a lot like an oyster, mysterious, the future is tightly closed from us, but if we take the initiative and our trusty butter knife to make an earnest effort through all of the muck and messy stuff, we may find a pearl for our efforts. I challenge you to keep going for it, what is the pearl that you are striving for?

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I like your metaphor! So true, my little Pollyanna, so true!

    ReplyDelete