Friday, February 1, 2013

In the land of quirk and Batman


For those of you who aren't aware, I run an Etsy store. I have for the past 4 years. Not the kind of venture to quit my day job over but a fun side business. I sell a little bit of everything, mostly things that my mom has parted with. She is the notorious jewelry collector of our family, she used to buy junk bags of jewelry, take the few good pieces and give me the rest. I started selling it and little things that I would pick up at garage sales, estate sales, flea markets and hand-me-downs. One of the coolest things I sold recently was a Batman ring from 1966, I sold it to one of the biggest Batman collectors in the nation and he had the matching bracelet but had not acquired the ring. I was thrilled! Also the Danish modern vase that I picked up at a garage sale years ago sold to a boutique called NEST in New York. Everything has a story and it is so neat to see where they go from here. And yes that is a thermometer tie clip, I picked that up in California at the end of last year and it was about 90 degrees outside. Whew, one hot deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment