Saturday, April 13, 2013

On a new recipe and home improvement kick


This soup was soooooooo good, it didn't last long. I started working my way through Get Cooking by Mollie Katzen, (thank you Renee!). Her recipes are easy and really good and you don't have to have tons of expensive fancypants ingredients like saffron and organic gluten free vegan unicorn oil (okay I made that up but it probably exists). Above is the Cuban Black Bean soup, I was sold as soon as I say black beans and cilantro in the recipe. It's fantastic with tortilla chips and a dash of cheese.


Before last night I had never had eggplant before, I think I will be buying it again. These are Panko Crusted Eggplant Cutlets. I added to the recipe a little--garlic, parmesan, oregano. These are so good! I like the fact that eggplant is not super soggy or juicy, it is mild and drier which means it fries and bakes well. I foresee eating the leftovers for lunch. My parents were more skeptical, they came over last night while I was cooking and my dad refused to try one saying it looked like a fried cucumber ha ha. Oh well, more for me.

 

It's been a productive week, wrapped up a web job, designed the Peoria Historic Tour of Homes brochure, and did my taxes! As I've mentioned before, I am working my way through a long list of home improvements and I got to check one off my list last night! I got a new bedroom light!!! Only $30 at Lowes, it really brightens up my bedroom. A little good design goes a long way :) What is your favorite piece of design in your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment