Thursday, September 19, 2013

Throwback Thursday Vinyl: Boots by Nancy Sinatra


I picked this little number up on my thrift trip for a scandalous 75 cents at an antique store in Galesburg, IL. It's fabulous. The delicious Nancy Sinatra is the ultimate razor sharp blond bombshell who could hold her own in 1966. She covers everything a teenager was feeling in the 60s high on the drama of love, lies, and loneliness. What surprised me were the Beatles, Dylan, and Rolling Stones covers on this album. These tracks are ultimately given the Nancy Sinatra camp stamp but what makes me laugh is if the artists weren't pleased with them, who would dare insult the daughter of Frank Sinatra. You better prepare for a swift boot print on your face. Besides the obvious title track that is one of my all time oldie favs, "In My Room" is a dramatic affair that makes me want to stand in my house like I own the place and the cover of "As Tears Go By" is a dreamy serenade. Definitely pick this up if you get the chance and support your local record store.

No comments:

Post a Comment