Saturday, September 22, 2012

Stocking the Shop



My mom recently unloaded some new treasures to put in our Etsy shop. I'm kind of a sucker for collecting jewelry, it's small, and sparkly. Need I say more? My vast collection can be confined to a few shoeboxes without completely overrunning my house. Jewelry is so interesting to me, because rather than something that someone owned and had in their house, they wore it. It lived on them, went with them to glamourous parties, remained with them day-to-day to commemorate a loved one, celebrated a special occasion, perfectly completed an outfit, or left them aghast after receiving it from an eccentric aunt. Jewelry boils down the essence of an age and tells a story. And I collect it all, from Victorian lockets to art nouveau lavalieres, kitschy pins to garish clip on earrings, Rosaries to cocktail rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment