Thursday, January 3, 2013

A New Year, a new chance

It's been an amazing year, one of the best of my life. I look back and smile on all of the wonderful people I'm blessed to know and all of the experiences I've been privileged to have. It has been a year of growth. We have hills and valleys and plateaus in our lives and this year was a hill. I started in a low place, questioning myself, my life choices, feeling inadequate and falling behind. Then I chose to rise above the negativity for comparison is the thief of joy. It doesn't matter what others think of me, for if I follow the path that God wants for me, arguments to steer me from that path are rendered moot. When others criticize my life, I listen, for they may have a point or perspective that I had not considered, but part of me smiles inside for if I'm criticized by worldly forces for doing good, then that means I must be doing something right. Life is too short for worry and fear, it's just long enough to be a bright spark in the darkness. I dare to make 2013 even more amazing than 2012, and I dare you to do the same.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided this! You are an awesome person, one of the coolest peeps around, and anyone who says any different can come argue with my two cocked fists! haha, seriously though...I think your 2013 is already well on its way to being one of your best years evahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw shucks! Thanks lady! You are definitely one of the brightest *sparks* in my life :)

    ReplyDelete