Monday, January 7, 2013

And now, back to art

It's. About. Time. I consider myself an artist, I was born to make things and interpret the world through whatever materials I could get my hands on. But ever since college, my painting and drawing has slowed to a crawl and it was starting to gnaw at me. Granted the past few years I've been exploring different and exciting art outlets, i.e. writing, photography, design, letterpress, but it was time to get back to getting my hands dirty before I let the motivation slip from my fingers. The last few paintings that I've made were for gifts or charity events, and it occurred to me that I've never produced a cohesive body of work that could be assembled as a show so now that is one of my goals this year: create show-worthy work, work that means something to those who see it and and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment