Friday, January 4, 2013

Inspiration from abroad


Last April I took my first trip to Europe and it was spectacular, I'm itching to back but need to save up some funds and find a justifiable reason to be there besides just having a fun trip. I was a bit under the weather by the time we reached Brussels so I didn't get to experience nearly as much as I wanted to but I did do the main things - like visit the Victor Horta House (in which I died and went to Art Nouveau Heaven!!!) And I went to the Bozar arts store: a fabulous museum gift shop with everything cool under the sun. They even had the movie Electroma by Daft Punk, which I've seen twice and was so very tempted to purchase it because you simply don't see that kind of thing in central Illinois, let alone in the states, but went for something a bit more useful: a design book entitled Echoes of the Future. A wealth of vintage inspired design abounds, and today I got it out and used it. I needed inspiration for an illustration and this is what fell out of my brain on onto the computer screen. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment