Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Throwback Tuesday: Discovery by ELO


I think I scored this gem for a whopping dollar, I broke it out and listened to it yesterday as I was snowed in and doing some photography for The Furnace Room. ELO is one of my favorite bands, orchestral themes mixed with rock and disco, what's not to love. Jeff Lynne is the man. This album is probably best known for "Don't Bring Me Down" which immediately slows my work flow as I cannot help but start dancing. "Need Her Love" is extremely sweet and "Midnight Blue" is probably one of my favorites as well,

I see you standing there far out along the way,
I want to touch you but the night becomes the day,
I count the words that I am never gonna say
And I see you midnight blue.


I wish more people would cover these songs because the lyrics are really beautiful. Although no one could ever outdue "Mr. Blue Sky", that song is pretty much perfect as is and will always be one of my favorites. So what is your throwback record for today? Leave a comment and maybe I'll give it a listen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment